Five Plainfield High School seniors have been named semi-finalists by the National Merit Scholarship Competition.
Pictured above, left to right, are Salik Ahmad, Isabel Kluszynski, Ryan Swenson, Grace Abell and Rashad Saleem.
These five seniors were among the 1,600,000 entrants who took the PSAT (Preliminary SAT) nearly a year ago. Upon meeting additional requirements and based on their PSAT scores, they are now members of the group of 16,000 semi-finalists who are invited to compete for National Merit Scholarships awarded in Spring 2021.
The students have wide-ranging interests and ambitions, and we are confident of their abilities to find success in whatever path they may choose.
- Salik Ahmad is considering Business, Engineering or Science.
- Isabel Kluszynski plans to study Sports Medicine.
- Ryan Swenson will pursue a career in Welding or Engineering.
- Grace Abell plans to study Chemistry.
- Rashad Saleem will follow a Pre-Medical Studies course.
The Plainfield Schools community is extremely proud of these outstanding students, and we congratulate them on their accomplishments to date.
Pictured below, the semi-finalists pose with their guidance counselors and PHS principal, Mel Seifert.