Though this school year is quickly drawing to a close, we are eagerly gearing up for the start of 2018-2019 when The Imagination Lab officially opens for all K-5 students in Plainfield Community Schools. Classes will visit once per month on an Odyssey, a 90 minute block of time for hands-on learning. Over the course of the school year, each student will take part in eight different experiences centered around different skills and problem-solving processes:
- Building: with wood and metal / Reverse Engineering
- Creating: Audio & Video / Animation
- Connecting: Students with Real World Problems
- Digitizing: Coding / Robotics
- Growing: Food and awareness: Health, Nutrition & the Environment
- Inventing: Understanding through Imagination
- Investigating: Science & the Arts
- Sustaining: Our world through engineering and conservation practices
Earlier this year, Ms. Warner, Mrs. Sherman, Mrs. Loudermilk, and Mrs. Collins (art teachers at Van Buren, Brentwood, Central, and Clarks Creek respectively) helped gather drawings representing student interpretations of these processes.
Thank you to the following students, whose imagination created or inspired the drawings in this collage:
- Van Buren Elementary -- Eliza K. and Max P.
- Brentwood Elementary -- Sarah F. and Addison P.
- Central Elementary -- Olivia H. and Amy G.
- Clarks Creek -- Tajweed A.