The Plainfield Community School Corporation consists of four elementary schools (K-5), the middle school (6-8), and the high school (9-12). Enrollment for grades K-12 is approximately 5400 students. Our schools are:
- Brentwood Elementary
- Central Elementary
- Clarks Creek Elementary
- Van Buren Elementary
- Plainfield Community Middle School (PCMS), and
- Plainfield High School (PHS)
Our mission, in very simple terms, is to prepare children for success as adults. We hold students and teachers to high standards, and we are incredibly proud of the hard work, determination, and passion they put forth.
REGISTERING YOUR CHILD FOR SCHOOL
Beginning on March 1st, registration will be open
- Transfer student applications,
- Kindergarten registration,
- Returning student registration,
- Students new to Plainfield beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, and
- Students new to Plainfield for the remainder of the 2017-2018 school year.
Once you've completed the online registration, please bring the following documents to the school your child will attend (parents who are re-registering existing Plainfield students do not need to complete this step):
- Birth Certificate
- Health Records
- Proof of Custody (if applicable)
- IEP, required for all Special Education students (if applicable)
- Proof of Residency (It is necessary to provide option A along with B and/or C):
A. Current lease/rental agreement, purchase agreement or property tax statement
B. Active and current utility bill
C. Valid IN Driver's License/State ID with current address (or copy of parent driver's license or state ID)
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PARENTS REQUESTING TRANSFER STATUS FOR A KINDERGARTEN STUDENT
- The Transfer Application window is now closed. If you submitted your child's transfer application between March 1st and May 1st, you will be notified following the May 10 School Board meeting.
- Placement of students will not take place until sometime in July
- You are welcome to attend Kindergarten RoundUp at any of the schools on April 4th, but it is not required.
- Transfer students will be assigned a school based on enrollment, not based on parent request
- All registration materials that would be taken to Kindergarten RoundUp should instead be delivered to our Administration Building, located at 985 Longfellow Lane.
- Once a school has been assigned later this summer, we will forward the paperwork to that school.
- Once you receive your child's school assignment in July, you will be able to request a date/time for a tour and for your child's Kindergarten assessment.