The Plainfield Community Schools Legacy Foundation is governed by a board comprised of PHS alumni and community leaders. The foundation serves to support our students, staff and schools with resources that might not otherwise be available.
In terms of funding, the foundation
- provides grants to teachers and principals twice each academic year,
- provides a storybook to every kindergarten student,
- donated the funds for students at the elementary, middle and high school to collaborate and build a robot that will be the mascot of The Imagination lab,
- provided lunch in a dining hall for all 3rd grade students as part of their college visit this fall,
- works with the PHS Alumni Association to host the annual alumni luncheon and honor Hall of Fame inductees.
Major fundraising projects include
- Trivia Night (the first Saturday night following Spring Break, annually)
- Restaurant nights
- Canvas for a Cause evenings
- Harlem Wizards game (every other year, in December of odd-numbered years)
- Teacher Appreciation event in May
For more information about the Legacy Foundation, visit their website here: http://www.pcslegacyfoundation.org/