At their annual Partners in Education dinner last night, the Plainfield Optimist Club recognized teachers and support staff from Saint Susanna and all six PCSC schools.
In addition to the adult honors, students were recognized and provided the evening's entertainment.
PHS students Adam Vincent, Anna Ardelean and Jacob Brejcha received awards for their success in the Optimist Essay and Oratorical contests. Vincent and Brejcha presented their original works, while Ardelean submitted a video version of her speech.
Teachers and staff honored were:
- Saint Susanna: Outstanding Teacher, Erin Huther, and Outstanding Support Staff, CeAnn Willis, pictured with principal Michele Tillery
- Brentwood Elementary: Outstanding Support Staff, Stephanie Mowery, and Outstanding Teacher, Rachel Landis, with principal Nicole Walker
- Central Elementary: Outstanding Support Staff, Heidi Schwettman, and Outstanding Teacher, Jennie Menser, with principal Julie Thacker
- Van Buren Elementary: Outstanding Support Staff, Sandy Williams, and Outstanding Teacher, Casey Harvey, with principal Ray Helmuth
- Clarks Creek Elementary: Outstanding Teacher, Jeff Van Paris, and Outstanding Support Staff, Mimi Decker, with principal Marisa Donovan
- Plainfield Community Middle School: Outstanding Teacher, Jon Adams, and Outstanding Support Staff, Doraine Chapman, with principal Pat Cooney
- Plainfield High School: Outstanding Teacher, Adam Ferguson, and Outstanding Support Staff, Cindy Spangler (not pictured) with principal Mel Seifert
While we celebrate these devoted educators, we also thank the Plainfield Optimist Club for their constant support of students and educators throughout our community.